[X4U] Stuffit Deluxe 8.02 upgrade/.sit problems

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Jun 7 16:14:00 PDT 2005

On 06/07/05, Samantha Cornell <samantha at netresults.biz> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully upgraded from Stuffit Deluxe 8.0 to 8.02?  I
> downloaded the updater, but it just installed another copy of 8.0...not
> what I wanted.

Yes. You should be downloading the StuffIt DLX 8.02_x_install.dmg. Use the
Alternate HTTP Link: Download StuffIt Deluxe 8.0.2 Updater - Mac OS X Only
- (13.7 MB) (.dmg) at <http://www.stuffit.com/mac/deluxe/updates.html>.

> Also, I am trying to open a .sit file, and keep on getting an error
> #-40.  Is there a way around this?  Is there another app that I can try
> to use to unstuff it?

If you have Dlx 8.0, Stuffit Expander shouldn't have any problems
unstuffing it.