[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Judi Sohn momathome at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:22:07 PDT 2005

On 6/7/05, Bill Northcott <w.northcott at unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> On 08/06/2005, at 2:03 AM, Michael Gmail wrote:
> > It could conceivably lead to the worst possible outcome, from a Mac
> > user's perspective: if Windows software runs "natively" on Macs,
> > major developers have no reason to continue developing their Mac
> > versions.
> >

> I think that is the biggest risk in this whole operation.

I don't think it's going to be that bad. I can tell you know that I'll
run both OSes the moment I have the chance, and many on this list
might too. But the average everyday user is going to pick one or the
other. And any developer that leaves the Mac world for this probably
should have gone awhile ago. In other words, I won't be surprised if
Intuit uses this as an excuse to discontinue that joke they call
Quicken for Mac.

Judi Sohn, judi at momathome.com
Mom at Home Design, http://www.momathome.com
AIM: JudiS217