[X4U] Mac Equivalents of Windows apps (was Re: Apple's move to Intel chips)

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Fri Jun 10 09:44:17 PDT 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 11:46, Hector Luna wrote:

> On 6/10/05, Alex <lists at lexial.ca> wrote:
>
>> Left-handed wrench? IMHO, Judi and Robert are right. Software choice
>> on
>> the Mac is much more limited than on Win. No use trying to pretend
>> otherwise or to explain it away.
>
> More limited maybe, but only in quantity, not quality. In the Windows
> world there is a lot of repetitive crap and just because Windows users
> might have 30 different ways to spell check it doesn't mean I'm left
> wanting for software for my Mac.

Excellent. There are a few items I'd like to have on Mac OS X. Could
you please suggest a Mac replacement for:

- ExactAudioCopy <http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/>

(Please don't say iTunes. I'm talking secure modes, error recovery
control, offset control, speed control, error reporting, audio file
comparison, etc.)

- Adobe FrameMaker <http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/>

(You may start looking here
<http://www.infopage.net/fmforosx/possalts.html> if you wish.)

There's more, but, just these two, usable on Mac OS X, would make my
life much easier.

> I don't need you to like the Mac, I don't need you to dislike Windows,
> but I would like it if you got a grip...

Beg your pardon?!

<0x0192>