[X4U] Mac Equivalents of Windows apps (was Re: Apple's move to Intel chips)

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jun 10 13:50:59 PDT 2005

Robert Tillyard said:

>I'm sure if anyone needs an application that's not available there
>are plenty of small developers looking for an application to develop
>and sell, what are you missing?

I've seen companies take that road.  It might be feasible to pay to have
a small utility written, or a basic application based on a database
engine, but a complex vertical market application can easily take five or
six years to complete, and it can cost anywhere from close to a quarter
million dollars (not including the time spent on it by your own staff
directing and testing what has been written), to several times that.

Meanwhile there are applications for the PC already on the shelf that
cost less than $200 that can do the same thing.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html