[X4U] Shameless, self-serving plug (was Mac Equivalents of Windows apps (was Apple's move to Intel chips))

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sat Jun 11 11:24:56 PDT 2005

At 11:13 AM -0700, 6/11/05, Mark Phillips wrote:

>On Jun 11, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Johns Maillist wrote:
>
>>The light at the end of the tunnel, I believe, is that ADP is going
>>to a web based format. I am sure they will require IE latest
>>version, so I will see how that works out. But, if Safari works
>>well enough, we MAY be able to get into a Mac after all.
>>In THAT case, I will begin to sell my services to the repair shops
>>and see if I can move some Mac's, since all other things being
>>equal, and knowing what I do about the needs of a body shop, a Mac
>>would be better!
>>

>The key argument is support for open standards. Proprietary EDI is
>simply not necessary nor as useful as a published XML schema.

The little guy has no say in this. The first big guys in the room
decide that their EDI layout is best (for them) and everyone else has
to figure out how to get on the boat if they want to play.
--

Robert Ameeti

When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part.

- George Bernard Shaw