[X4U] Shameless, self-serving plug (was Mac Equivalents of Windows apps (was Apple's move to Intel chips))

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Sat Jun 11 11:13:25 PDT 2005

On Jun 11, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Johns Maillist wrote:

> The light at the end of the tunnel, I believe, is that ADP is going to
> a web based format. I am sure they will require IE latest version, so
> I will see how that works out. But, if Safari works well enough, we
> MAY be able to get into a Mac after all.
> In THAT case, I will begin to sell my services to the repair shops and
> see if I can move some Mac's, since all other things being equal, and
> knowing what I do about the needs of a body shop, a Mac would be
> better!

The key argument is support for open standards. Proprietary EDI is
simply not necessary nor as useful as a published XML schema. Employing
Firefox as the standard baseline browser makes sense as it runs on
every platform with more than 100 users. Finally, there is the bleeding
wound of internet security. Clearly any *nix platform, like MacOS, is
preferable for the end users from a security point of view.

Happy days,

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com