[X4U] Flashing desktop icons and menu bar

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Jun 13 21:10:38 PDT 2005

flashing desktop icons.... meaning tyhey keep doing it over and over again
or they do it occasionally, like the desktop is redrawing slowly.

If the latter then this usually indicates that the Mac is running low on
memory. A reboot can clear it up and checking that the startup drive isn't
too full is also a good place to start.

I'm guessing you've already sorted it out by now anyway.

Cheers,

Coj

Bob Geiger <rbgeiger at optonline.net>

My brother who has a Quicksilver with Tiger suddenly is plagued with
his desktop icons and menu bar flashing on and off. Admittedly, he
claims to have done some heavy file transfers and file deletion on
the Quicksilver. Any thoughts on his problem and a solution. I opined
that he should zap his pram which he is in the process of doing.

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of
vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion." --
William Ralph Inge