[X4U] Question regarding Preview

SW sw at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 08:51:24 PDT 2005

On Wed,Jun  15, , at 9:32 AM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I like to use Preview to quickly view groups of photos. Sometimes
> for myself, at other times it to show customers. I use it to narrow
> down which ones I need to open in Photoshop. My question is, is
> there a way, when you have multiple images open, (single window
> with thumbnails appearing in the drawer)  to close just one image
> without closing the entire window? I'd like to be able to close
> certain photos as my customer picks and chooses which ones he wants
> and doesn't want. Is this possible?

  Using Preview, If you open a number of images, they will show in
the drawer on the side.

  You can then add images to the drawer by dragging them in.

  I have not been able to find an easy way to remove them from the
drawer.

  However, if you Command(Apple Key)-Delete them the will be removed
from the drawer BUT they will also be sent to the Trash from their
location in the Finder as well!

  This may work for you , but you may have to work with a copy of the
files if you want to preserve them.

Steve

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. -Marshall McLuhan,
cultural historian and communications theorist (1911-1980)