[X4U] Re: Wireless "theft"

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Thu Jun 16 09:05:18 PDT 2005

At 10:29 AM -0500, 6/16/05, Michael Winter wrote:

>>Having an open network is not illegal but should in fact be done so
>>that society will more quickly have a high quality wireless mesh
>>network throughout our communities.
>
>But if you do this, and someone does use your net access for illegal
>purposes, don't be too surprised when law enforcement comes in,
>confiscates all your computer/electronics equipment and takes you
>downtown for questioning.

In the world that I live in, this requires a warrant. And warrants
require some sort of evidence that a crime has been committed by the
suspect. Again, show me that this has happened. Otherwise we are just
talking about the possibilities of life instead of the realities. I
choose not to worry about the possibilities in life else I would
never be able to relax. And I do like to relax rather than worry.
--

Robert Ameeti

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.

- James Branch Cabell