[X4U] Why wireless, anyway?

Brian L. Matthews blmatthews at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:10:47 PDT 2005

>But *why* wireless, especially where security is a concern.
>Cabling a hardwired network is not really that big a deal, is it?
>My last house had ethernet jacks in all the living spaces.......

That's a rare house, most people aren't so lucky. And what about out
in the back yard? And do you never have friends over who want to use
their laptops? Or want to use more than one device per "living
space"? Or want to carry a laptop to another room without
disconnecting?

>I must be missing something really basic here.

Yes, you're assuming everyone else's situation and usage patterns are
exactly like yours.

Brian