[X4U] new powerbook

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 18 12:10:15 PDT 2005

At 09:48 -0700 18/6/05, Mark Phillips wrote:
>Well, it is Father's Day and with a speaking engagement in Sydney in
>August, I have talked myself into buying a new powerbook. I think I
>will go for a 15" model. I thought the members of this list might be
>willing to offer suggestions for a configuration. All ideas are
>welcome.
>
>Mark Phillips
>Mophilly & Associates
>On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
>On the phone at 619 444-9210

Mark,

May I suggest the 1.67GHz model, with a RAM upgrade to at least 1Gb,
the larger 100Gb hard drive and depending on what you want to connect
it to, the larger graphics card.

I, and most of my clients, have found that the few dollars more for
the larger drive initially is a much better investment than having to
buy a new one and having to swap it out after purchase.

Enjoy your visit here.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

ON MODERNISM
Q: How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Two.  One to hold the giraffe and the other to fill the bathtub with
brightly colored machine tools.