[X4U] does my PowerBook have a sleep disorder?

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Jun 20 17:23:04 PDT 2005

Hi Matt,

Most of using PowerBooks have experienced these issues from time to time.
I've had all the ones you described. I use a 15" 1.25 at work and a 17"
1.0 at home. Both of them have had these issues.

Apple have released patch updates that have supposedly addressed PowerBook
sleep issues but for me they never went away.

Take it as a user feature and just make sure you don't leave unsaved work
at the end of the day.

Coj

Matt Gregory <vdub.grego at gmail.com>

I've had some strange behavior out of my PowerBook and wanted to see if
anyone has experienced this or can offer any advice.  It's only done this
twice and I can't recreate the problem, so the details may be a bit fuzzy.

When I use the PowerBook (15" SuperDrive) I, per the manual, usually just
close the lid between uses unless I'm going to transport it somewhere.
Well, twice now it's not woken back up after being closed.  Both times I
believe it has been closed over night before opening it again.  The space
bar is usually how I wake it up if it's gone to sleep while open, but it
doesn't work in this situation.  The second time it happened, pushing the
power button powered it back up as if it had been powered down, but I'm
positive it hadn't (unless I managed to do it accidentally).  But the
first time I was unable to wake it back up by any means and resorted to
removing the battery and putting it back in.  After that it powered up
fine.  Both times the battery had about mid-charge.  The PB is only 4-5
months old and is not one that falls under the battery recall.

Any advice?  This is my first Mac, so I could be doing something
unknowingly, but I can't imagine what.

Thanks,

matt.