[X4U] does my PowerBook have a sleep disorder?

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:08:44 PDT 2005

I've had some strange behavior out of my PowerBook and wanted to see if
anyone has experienced this or can offer any advice. It's only done this
twice and I can't recreate the problem, so the details may be a bit fuzzy.

When I use the PowerBook (15" SuperDrive) I, per the manual, usually just
close the lid between uses unless I'm going to transport it somewhere. Well,
twice now it's not woken back up after being closed. Both times I believe it
has been closed over night before opening it again. The space bar is usually
how I wake it up if it's gone to sleep while open, but it doesn't work in
this situation. The second time it happened, pushing the power button
powered it back up as if it had been powered down, but I'm positive it
hadn't (unless I managed to do it accidentally). But the first time I was
unable to wake it back up by any means and resorted to removing the battery
and putting it back in. After that it powered up fine. Both times the
battery had about mid-charge. The PB is only 4-5 months old and is not one
that falls under the battery recall.

Any advice? This is my first Mac, so I could be doing something unknowingly,
but I can't imagine what.

Thanks,

matt.