[X4U] does my PowerBook have a sleep disorder?

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Tue Jun 21 01:38:30 PDT 2005

On 21 Jun 2005, at 04:32, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> This raises a good question.  Is it indeed necessary to shut down to
> transport a laptop?  I am personally referring to a G4 iBook, but I'm
> assuming that whatever the answer, it holds true for all the
> portables.
>
> Any experts care to weigh in?

Not that I am an expert....
In the past 4 years, for the past 2 powerbook I have never shut down
the laptop to transport it. Even when flying (that actually saves me
time at the security checks when asked to open the computer - though
once, seeing that the computer was already on, they've asked me to turn
it off, just to be sure that it was really working....)

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.9
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.9/17" display
Cambridge UK