[X4U] does my PowerBook have a sleep disorder?

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:32:31 PDT 2005

I very rarely shut mine down. I've only actually shut it down to transport a
couple of times on long drives. Unfortunately, I'm unable to use my
PowerBook for work, so it's not part of my daily commute. But if it was I'd
probably just shut the lid like I do with my ThinkPad.

The only issue I can see that would cause this to be the recommendation is
the possibility for the hard drive to be running while and a head to crash
if it were bumped. But if the hard drive is parked while asleep I don't see
any other issue. Unless it's just listed it in the manual to be on the safe
side.

matt.