[X4U] CNN free video links and Safari

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Jun 21 12:14:45 PDT 2005

On 06/21/05, John Azevedo <zoff at mac.com> wrote:

> I'm also using OS X 10.4.1 and WMP 9, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Try this: Launch WMP 9, File->Open URL, paste in
<http://www.cnn.com/video/>, and see this message: "WMP cannot play this
file because the Player does not support this file format." So, complain to
CNN for using a format that WMP 9 for Mac can't read or complain to MS for
building a crappy WMP. It's not a Safari problem.