[X4U] Website as desktop

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Wed Jun 22 13:00:38 PDT 2005

On 6/22/05 2:48 PM, "silvo conticello" <silvoc at tiscali.it> wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2005, at 20:33, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>
>> Someone who went from PC to Mac claims that he has a website as
>> desktop on his PC.  He asked me if this could be done on a Mac.  I
>> told him 'No' but ask you anyway.
>
> there is surely (I've tried it, but as Timothy said, I got fed up very
> soon), but I don't remember the name
> silvo

There is a product called GeekTool that does it. Very stable under Panther
on my hacked Cube, but a bit flakey under Tiger on the TiBook. You can find
it here

http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/

I use it to display console logs on the desktop as well as the weather
radar. You can put whole web pages, though I tend to just grab the radar
picture

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/current/curwx_600x405.jpg

Have fun.

pf