[X4U] IChat Suggestions? - And wireless router for iChat?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Thu Jun 23 12:49:50 PDT 2005

A long distance friend and I are planning to iChat AV using our
respective portables with a high-speed wireless internet connection.
She has a G4 iBook and I have a AI Powerbook. She is running 10.4 and
I am running 10.3.9. We are both going to buy iSight camera's to
facilitate. (Feedback on the Griffin SightLight?)

Couple of questions:
Do I need to upgrade to Tiger to take advantage of the latest iChat?
Do we need .mac accounts or can we iChat AV without? Prefer something
free and not AOL.

I am using an old MacSense router and Airport (both 1st Generation).
I purchased her a "on sale" wireless router from TRENDnet (model
TEW-431BRP) Bought myself one, too - as it was so cheap.  $25 after
rebates. I know Apple has a list of approved routers with the proviso
that others may work. Anyone using this wireless router iChatting?
Suggestions to use iChat with routers, settings, URL links etc. much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all you MacGuru's !!!

Rod

(Apologies... I also posted these questions in the Powerbook listserv.)