[X4U] IChat Suggestions? - And wireless router for iChat?

James Jones jsjones at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 15:24:07 PDT 2005

Apple only provides the latest iChat with 10.4; it's not available as
a d/l. There are four ways to use iChat 3.: .Mac, Jabber, AIM and
"Bonjour"/Rendezvous. The latter works only on a LAN/WAN, so you can
cross that off. Jabber will only work if you both have Tiger (afaik),
so you're limited to .Mac or AIM. It used to be the case that when
you signed up for a .Mac trial account, your ID continued to work
with iChat after the end of the trial period. You might give that a
shot.

As for the non-Apple wireless, iChat uses IP, not AppleTalk, so if
your router works at all, it should work for messaging.