[X4U] Error Message

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 23 23:26:40 PDT 2005

On 06/23/05, Robert Benwell <rbenwell at rogers.com> wrote:

> thanks for the reply, John.
>
> I don't have a .Mac membership so don't have .Backup, although I tried
> the 60 day trial some time ago. Maybe there's something left over from
> that. I can't remember specifically what I was doing when the error
> happened, but it may have been that I was just checking mail. I also
> ran the P2P program "Acquisition". Don't know if that would do it or
> not.
>
> I don't know if this is related or not, but three or four times a day,
> I get a loud beep from the computer. I thought it was signalling that I
> had mail, but it isn't that because I turned the new mail sound off.
>
> I have a Mac Mini 512 Megs Ram, etc., just the usual configuration. I'm
> running OS 10.3.9.
> On 23-Jun-05, at 9:09 PM, John Baltutis wrote:
>> On 06/23/05, Robert Benwell <rbenwell at rogers.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> A couple of times now I have gotten this message:  "Internal system
>>> error. An unrecoverable internal error has occurred". I wonder if
>>> anyone can tell men what this means (I'm new to Macs, as you can
>>> probably tell).
>>
>> The only thing that comes up at <http://search.info.apple.com/> for exact
>> phrase "internal system error has occurred" has to do with .Backup
>> operations. What are you doing when this happens? What OS? More details
>> would help.

Try these. 1) boot with the install CD, run Disk Utility to repair the
disk, and see if anything pops up. If not, then 2) create another admin
user account, boot into it, and see if that fixes things-if so, then
something's hosed on the original. If not, then 3) download the 10.3.9
Combo updater and reinstall it. If none of those fix things, then a call to
Apple Support is in order.