[X4U] no startup after last update

Doug LaBore dlabore at mn.rr.com
Mon Jun 27 13:37:57 PDT 2005

Your problem may not be software related. It is possible that your PRAM
battery in your older G4 finally died during your 2 week absents from the
office and when you rebooted the PRAM (which had lost all its info) can't
even tell your system where to start POST diagnostics (which is what's
happening during that grey screen you see during a power on boot).

Replace your (or at least check it) 3.6 volt PRAM battery and see if that
does it...

Doug