[X4U] N00b question on burning CD to CD

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Thu Jun 30 08:22:31 PDT 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 09:55, Michael Winter wrote:

> I'm just wondering if the iTunes route is the best way to go if you
> don't want to spend extra money?
>  There are some down sides, as mentioned in the article, but for just
> a quick, "disposable" copy

Sure. If you're not bothered by a "hiccup" when "Time" becomes "The
Great Gig in the Sky", or when the Adagio un poco mosso of the Emperor
Concerto becomes the Rondo, go right ahead. But that's not a copy of
the audio CD, quick, disposable or otherwise.

> without spending extra $$ is there a better method?

In this world, TANSTAAFL. You have to pay for what you want, one way or
another. Either the extra $$ for Toast (or DragonBurn, Discribe, etc),
or the extra time and effort to learn CLI and use cdrdao effectively.

<0x0192>