[X4U] iChat error

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Wed Mar 2 22:50:39 PST 2005

Hiya,

My mum has been given both a .mac name and an AIM name but when we set up
either account in the prefs and she tries to double click on my name in
her iChat buddy list she receives the below error.

iChat Internal Error!
NSInvalidArgumentException:
NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:
value:range:: nil value

I see her become active/inactive in my buddy list when she logs in and out
(under both accounts). When I try initiating a message it seems to be
working at my end (no errors) but she doesn't receive anything at her end.

I did receive a request to audio chat but I declined it because we were
Skyping at the time trying to set up her iChat. Perhaps that may not have
worked either.

Any thoughts?

btw, She's just moved over to broadband.

Cheers,

Coj