[X4U] consolidating iTunes library

Kevin Lee Allen klad at klad.com
Thu Mar 3 11:02:27 PST 2005

this may the part of the issue, and I may have to rename a user.

Once there were two systems, then I added a laptop and mirrored the=20
desktop where the files were stored. I consolidated from my wife's=20
system onto my laptop.

But, now I have two similarly named users followed by a (1) and a (2),=20=

that might be the issue.

On Mar 3, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Stroller wrote:

> I'll bet if the OP wants to play these songs, the grey exclamation=20
> will show, too.... consolidation won't work on songs it can't find. My=20=

> bet is the songs in question have been stored on an external drive,=20
> which has been plugged into another Mac when their titles have been=20
> changed - the other Mac will have renamed them, and now this Mac can't=20=

> find them under that name. Either that, or the MP3 directory has been=20=

> renamed to "music" or something like this.

-----
Kevin Lee Allen
Production Designer
http://www.klad.com