[X4U] consolidating iTunes library

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 2 23:54:33 PST 2005

On 3/3/05 2:12 AM, "Kevin Lee Allen" <klad at klad.com> wrote:

> My wife and I ripped our CD collection into itunes, storing different
> parts on different systems and drives. I recently upgraded on system
> and was readily able to consolidate. Now I am trying to consolidate two
> of the original libraries onto her system One is on her drive, the
> remainder actually on two systems. Either of the latter two is a
> complete set.
>
> When I consolidate, I see a small grey circle with an exclamation point
> icon in the left column of iTunes for songs on another drive. I can
> individually locate these and copy, but I hope there is a way to do a
> mass import.

That means that iTunes cannot find those songs. You need to put all the
music on the same drive, or, if any is on an external drive, that drive
needs to be on for iTunes to use the music files (either to play or to sync
to an iPod).

Kirk

                      Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France