[X4U] Yet another itunes question

John Belen imacdude at mac.com
Thu Mar 3 19:43:42 PST 2005

    If you have not experienced the true joy of Smart Playlists yet, you
are missing a lot.  I have 40 Gig of Music on my powerbook, and a 10
Gig iPod.  I sync several smart playlists that limit the number of
songs on the playlist and constantly revolve the music on the ipod
either by least recently, or least often played.
    And yes move all the music to one itunes folder that both of you can
use.

My two bits,
John Belen

On Mar 3, 2005, at 2:06 PM, Neil wrote:

on 3/3/05 1:45 PM, Bob Geiger wrote:

> I have one Mac with 2 users set up (my wife and I). Naturally, we
> almost listen to the same music but since getting an mini-ipod she has
> to restrict the amount of songs to fit into her unit. I have a second
> large drive set to hold the itunes music folder and have created both
> itunes music libraries for her and me. I'm wondering if this is the
> normal and optimal set up?

Why not put all the music in the same place and have your wife set up a
play
list with the songs she wants on her iPod and then just sync that one
play
list?