[X4U] Firewire or USB 2

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Fri Mar 4 10:12:54 PST 2005

>On Mar 4, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Allan Rube' wrote:
>
>>My old firewire drive is dead. I have a G4 dual with usb 1 and Firewire 400.
>>
>>I could get a firewire drive for $200 or for the same price buy a usb 2
>>drive (same size) and a 4 usb 2 card to install in my Mac.
>>
>>Is there any disadvantage of going the usb 2 route?

You may lose the ability to boot from the USB 2 drive as the system will first have to recognize the card which it may not have done until after the recognition of the internal hard disk.
--

Robert Ameeti

It Is Wonderful To Be Here In The Great State Of Chicago.

- Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle