[X4U] basic iDisk help

Anne-Marie Concepcion mylists at senecadesign.com
Sat Mar 5 15:14:48 PST 2005

I set up a .Mac account a few weeks ago and so have an iDisk icon in
my finder windows. I remember testing dragging over files when I
first got it going and it worked fine and can still them in the
iDisks fodlers.

I haven't used it since but just tried to back up some files from my
local drive to it and it won't take them. I'm trying to drag a simple
text file to the Backup or the Documents folder on the iDisk.

Whenever I try it I get this error:
The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient
privielges for some of the items.

(it always says "some of the items" even if I'm dragging just one.)

What to do? I'm on my main user admin account, the one I use every
day, and just trying to drag a file over from my desktop to the iDisk
... not sure where to even start troubleshooting this. The Mac Help
files were ... surprise! ... no help.

I'm on 10.3.7 fwiw, and there are no permissions problems. Also I did
a Get Info on my iDisk icon and on the folders that appear within it,
and for each it says I have read/write permission.

thanks for any assistance.

AM