[X4U] Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Mar 8 14:07:39 PST 2005

You can get an HL-1440, refurbished, from Amazon for $90.  This is where
and  how I purchased mine.  It showed up like-new with a new toner
cartridge and a brand new drum.
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008SCF9/qid=1110319585/sr
=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-pc/104-1494325-4370354?v=glance&s=electronics&n=541966>

<You can get the same deal from Tiger Direct:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=
379623&CatId=244>

Valerie Maples said:

> I cannot find the memory anywhere; can anyone help me with
>that?

You can max out the RAM in the HL-1440 for only $9 by purchasing this
32MB RAM SIMM:
http://www.18004memory.com/focus.asp?sku=505058
The added RAM is necessary to be able to print at the printer's maximum
resolution of 1200 X 600.

It is very easy to install.  You remove two screws to take off a door on
the back of the printer, which esposes the slot.  You angle in the SIMM
and snap it in place, and replace the door.

>Also, do you have to order a toner or is it with the items?

The printer comes with both a toner cartridge and drum when new.  If you
purchase it refurbished you will have to ask what it comes with from the
dealer your are purchasing it from.

Randy B. Singer

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read." -GROUCHO MARX