[X4U] Re: Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer

Sean Collins sean at hogheaven.com
Wed Mar 9 04:49:33 PST 2005

>From: Allan Hise <allan at hise.org>
>
>Is there anything comparable with an ethernet port?
>
>Allan

I missed most of this thread, so I don't know if this has been
mentioned or not.

Apples old Lasewwriters are fully supported in OS X, and you can find
them pretty cheap.  I got a Laswewriter Pro 630 from a university
surplus sale for $25. It worked but needed a good cleaning.
Eventually replaced the rubber rollers & pickups, which I got off
ebay for $35

Pure plug-n-play, recognized right off the bat by OS X.  Plugged in
via ethernet, so it's available to all 4 computers on my network.
Fast, quiet and excellent print quality.

Has been in service now for 2+ years w/out problems.