[X4U] Re: Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Wed Mar 9 07:05:36 PST 2005

On 3/9/05 4:49 AM, "Sean Collins" <sean at hogheaven.com> wrote:

>> From: Allan Hise <allan at hise.org>
>>
>> Is there anything comparable with an ethernet port?
>>
>> Allan
>
> I missed most of this thread, so I don't know if this has been
> mentioned or not.
>
> Apples old Lasewwriters are fully supported in OS X, and you can find
> them pretty cheap.  I got a Laswewriter Pro 630 from a university
> surplus sale for $25. It worked but needed a good cleaning.
> Eventually replaced the rubber rollers & pickups, which I got off
> ebay for $35
>
> Pure plug-n-play, recognized right off the bat by OS X.  Plugged in
> via ethernet, so it's available to all 4 computers on my network.
> Fast, quiet and excellent print quality.
>
> Has been in service now for 2+ years w/out problems.

-  now that is very interesting to me - because I have a laser writer select
360 - which used to work very well - and then finally - it got it faded on
the right side of the page - even after cleaning - and a new toner
cartridge. Some repairman said that there was no way replace the other part
( it might be called a drum - but I don't know...)  and it was basically at
its life's end.

 It would be interesting to find out if I could in fact repair this printer
relatively cheaply - because originally it cost $1,200.

 Any ideas How to repair?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com