[X4U] OT - Help with Quicken categories

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Wed Mar 9 06:52:24 PST 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 5:40 AM, revDAVE wrote:

>  Currently - I using Quicken 2004 and download my transactions with
> the Web
> connect function.  It works well - however it never fills in the
> category
> for each transaction -  (since it does not retain that information at
> the
> bank) -  so I am forced to fill in the category for each transaction -
> somewhat cumbersome task.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of some way around this problem? Is there
> either some way that Web connect can somehow add in the categories and
> or if
> there is some quick way to add categories to multiple transactions?
>
> Any help would be appreciated - RevDave

QuickFill transactions that match the downloaded items is the best I
have found in Quicken. This will match the payee text on incoming
transactions. It will handle items with regular payee text, like the
utility payments. Even with this, any new items are not categorized.

I have not found a way to assign a group of transaction to a category.
Perhaps someone else has a solution.

hth,

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates