[X4U] Bluetooth Mouse and Laptop Sleep

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 15:08:11 PST 2005

On 8 Mar2005, at 2:50 PM, Lawrence Haber wrote:

> I am having problems with a Apple BT Mouse and my iBook.  The mouse is
> seemingly properly recognized by the laptop and will work after the
> laptop has been booted.  But after it has gone to sleep, the mouse is
> no longer operative.  This is true even though the mouse is an
> identified device in the BT menu, but any attempt to have it work
> fails.

	And I thought I was the only one having this problem.

	In my case, it seems to be the mouse rather than the computer that is
the problem.  When the computer sleeps, the mouse catches a couple of
z's also.  Meaning the red light goes out.  I have to wake up the
computer using the keyboard.

	Usually, a few seconds after the computer wakes up, the mouse does
also.  When it does not, sometimes just turning the mouse over will
wake it up.  Sometimes I have to push the tiny button inside the hatch
on the bottom to get it to wake up.  As soon as the red light begins
fluttering, it makes contact.

							Peter