[X4U] Ethernet hub recommendations?

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 13 18:46:57 PST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 1:01 am, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> Anne-Marie Concepcion said:
>
>> Does anyone have any recommendations for a fast, Mac OS X-savvy,
>> recent vintage Ethernet DSL router/hub/switcher thingie with NAT and
>> 6 or 8 ports?
>

> I would consider getting a couple of these:
> $20
> http://store.yahoo.com/outletpc/c3432.html
> http://www.3gorillas.com/product_info.php?products_id=127

Much as I hate to agree with Randy, that is shockingly good value - I
really like Netgear products, although we are going through a bit of a
rough patch at the moment. Just make sure you don't connect the second
one to the first using its WAN port.

Working from this diagram
<http://www.zeelandnet.nl/helpdesk/upload/rp614_rear.gif>
Connect the socket marked "2" on the first router to your cable modem,
and connect the two RP614s with a cable between any of the sockets
marked "1". Connect all PCs to empty "1" sockets & leave "2" on the
second RP614 empty. Before you connect the two together you might need
to log into the second RP614 to change its IP address & disable DHCP.

Stroller.