[X4U] lacie ethernet mini

Eric EricDD at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 16 15:03:15 PST 2005

allan -   thanks for the response.   what you write does make sense,
although what i want to do is simple.   i don't need to worry about
multiple libraries, etc as i only use one computer.  my reason for
wanting to do this is to free up space on my powerbook - 80 gigs and
close to 50 gigs of music.   hence,  the idea to store the music
elsewhere and access it via itunes sharing feature.

i have an old lombard with a firewire card and thus i thought i would
invest in a big firewire drive, for backups and music.   if i connect
the lombard to my router i can create a network to accomplish this.
after reading about the lacie ethernet mini i thought that could
accomplish the same thing.   i am leaning toward just an external
firewire drive as it is cheaper for more space.

as an aside, i have another question.   what does it mean when i read
that people plan to use an additional computer as an email server.
how exactly do you do this and what are the advantages?

thanks again, eric