[X4U] Re: airport wireless - just double checking

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 20 18:35:05 PST 2005

My experiences have been different from yours.

On Mar 20, 2005, at 9:13 pm, Timothy Luoma wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2005, at 2:53 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>> If the PC is running Win 98 or earlier you are at the mercy of the PC
>> software that came with the wireless card.
>
> true but I've seen these work without any more problems than the
> average PC user is likely to find.

I won't support Windows 98 & WLAN now. I've only had problems with it,
and would rather turn away paying customers than try.

>> Win 2000 and XP have built in drivers that do work though.
>
> Sometimes.
>
> Generally speaking, IME, you're better off using the software that
> comes with the card (Linksys at least) than with Microsoft's "Zero
> Config" stuff.

I'd disagree. But I haven't tried WLAN under W2k. Under Windows XP
wireless support was pretty pants prior to SP2, but since then I would
say it's as good as Apple's.

Stroller.