[X4U] Re: iChat Buddy

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Mon Mar 21 08:57:54 PST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> On the AIM server, actually. Which is a good thing, because you can
> use the same buddy list on different computers, even different
> platforms.

Indeed, a very good thing.

Over several years, I've seen only a handful of times when a message
will come up which says something like: "Your buddy list is currently
unavailable but hasn't been lost" and usually logging out and back in
solves it, and it has never been lost.

Still, I keep an "exported" copy around whenever I remember to make an
updated one, just in case.

TjL