[X4U] RSS reader question

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 12:20:24 PST 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Nick Scalise wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 23, 2005, at 01:18PM, Kansas Territory
> <kansast at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm just now becoming familiar with RSS feeds and and RSS clients..
>>
>> I've installed the SlashDock rss client and I have a website I've set
>> up an RSS feed for.
>>
>> Now with SlashDock.. all it does is display a Title for each entry
>> and if I select it, it takes me to the website and the page for
>> specific story I selected.
>>
>> Are there more "full featured"  RSS clients.. that may for example
>> not only display the title and a link to a story.. but actually
>> display the story as well ?
>
> I don't think that is the intention of RSS. You get a summary and then
> go to the website if you want to read more.

right..  these are short stories..   I did download NetNewsWire.. and
it will display the entire story.   But i'm sure the customer who the
website is for.. would rather the visitor have to go to the site to
VIEW the whole story..      maybe I'll change it to just display a few
lines of the story.

Thanks for the suggestion on NetNewsWire.

It also helped to show some errors in my xml formatting, that didn't
show up in SlashDock.

Kansas