[X4U] iPhoto questions.

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Tue Mar 29 05:41:12 PST 2005

Hi all,

OS 10.3.8 on an iMac DV 400 Mz, 256Mb Ram. 1.3Gb free on HD. LaCie
8x/4x External FireWire CD-WR drive.

I have just under 600 photos in iPhoto. Yesterday I decided to back up
my Photo Library by selecting all the photos and clicking the Burn
button. iPhoto said it would take 665Mb which is fine since I'm using
700Mb disks.

1) While creating the disk image before the burn a message kept coming
up (about a dozen times) saying certain photos couldn't be found. The
paths to the missing photos were also provided in the message. They
were all taken on the same day "2004/6/5". The missing photos were in
fact deleted by me several months ago. I don't remember if I deleted
them in iPhoto then removed the directory, or if I just deleted the
directory. They no longer appear in my Photo Library or on my hard
drive. How can I get iPhoto to forget about those photos?

2) After burning, finishing, closing, and ejecting the disk a message
appears on screen saying the burn failed. When I try inserting the CD
in my iMac it just keeps spinning and locks up the Machine. Is this an
issue with iPhoto and my FW CD-WR drive or is it because I only have
1.3Gb of free space left? At 1.1Gb I received a message saying disk
space was low but at 1.3Gb no message appears.

3) Would I just be better off bypassing iPhoto and burning my iPhoto
Library folder directly from the Finder?

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com