[X4U] Re: error (-900)

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Tue Mar 29 11:10:34 PST 2005

I've begun having problems with drag and drop both in Entourage and the
Finder. I recalled that this had been mentioned onlist a while back and, on
searching the archives, found a brief exchange around the subject line error
(-900). When I'm having problems in Entourage I get "The action could not be
completed. An unknown error (-4960) occurred", but the thread appears to
cease before resolution.  Towards the end Russell wrote:

> I don't know the cause; but I solved a similar problem [not being able
> to drag in the Dock, Mail app, and Finder] by: running Disk Warrior,
> repairing Permissions, and trashing Finder & Dock preferences.  I did
> the shotgun approach because no single thing appeared to fix it; but
> after doing the above [in order] everything worked as it was supposed
> to.

I don't have Disk Warrior though I've repaired permissions using Disk
Utility. Where would I find the Finder and Dock preferences and what are
they called? I've had a look, but don't want to delete anything I might
later regret!  Many thanks for any help anyone can give.

All the best, Colin.