[X4U] Printing Problem

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Mar 31 10:39:09 PST 2005

My G5 iMac suddenly decided to stop printing yesterday. When I go to print
and click it nothing happens in most apps, no error message, nothing.
Entourage tells me there is an unknown memory problem and nothing prints.
I've got 1 GB of RAM. But if I use a different login it will let me print
fine from any app. It printed ok before but yesterday when I went to print
it just wouldn't. I've repaired permissions, deleted all the printers in my
user Library folder and reselected them with the printer setup utility, I
also removed the Printers folder from the main Library nothing, then put
that folder back still no difference, cleared the system cache with OnyX,
did a Safe Boot to see if it printed then, nothing works. I'd rather not
delete my user and create a new one if I didn't have to. I've got 40-50 GBs
of stuff I'd have to move. The permissions repair seemed to be repairing a
lot of stuff in the printers but nothing. Any clues?

thanx