[X4U] Panther's Application Keyboard Shortcuts

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Thu Mar 31 20:23:19 PST 2005

> Works fine for me. You have to make sure of two things: that the shortcut
> you set is not used by the application, and that you type _exactly_ what the
> menu command is. Exactly. If there is an ellipsis, make sure you type that.
>
> Kirk

Try this, Kirk:

In System Preferences, click Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts, then fill
in the box as in this screenshot:

http://twinone58.home.mindspring.com/TextEditZoom.tiff

And click "Add"

Then go to TextEdit, open a document and click from the Window menu > Zoom.

Result: Window toggles between large and small.

Now, type the new Keyboard Shortcut: ctrl-opt-cmd-Z

Result: Alert beep.

Does this work for anyone??

Jerry