[X4U] Help.. login fails after showing spotlight icon

Andrew Lynch atlynch at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 08:51:03 PST 2005

Hi Folks,
   I have not been following this thread, but I have had a lot of
experience with hangs lately.  In my case, for some reason, airport
is hanging my system.

If you can log into the account after a safe boot (boot with shift
key depressed), log into the account, and add activity viewer to the
login items, at the top of the list.  Then reboot and log in.  This
may tell you something.  If this fails, perhaps logging in as another
user, then running top outputting to a file, then doing a fast user
switch to the affected user might tell you something.

-Drew