[X4U] Help.. login fails after showing spotlight icon

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 09:20:02 PST 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 10:51 AM, Andrew Lynch wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>   I have not been following this thread, but I have had a lot of
> experience with hangs lately.  In my case, for some reason, airport
> is hanging my system.
>
> If you can log into the account after a safe boot (boot with shift
> key depressed), log into the account, and add activity viewer to
> the login items, at the top of the list.  Then reboot and log in.
> This may tell you something.  If this fails, perhaps logging in as
> another user, then running top outputting to a file, then doing a
> fast user switch to the affected user might tell you something.

oh happy day :-)   thank you much for the suggestion.
I booted up into safe mode.   and was able to log in just fine.
I didn't make any changes, but took some time to read up on what
"safe mode" does actually.. or doesn't do for that matter.
I read where it deletes a few FONT cache files and runs a disk check
I think it said.    So I left everything alone, restarted NORMALLY.
and was able to log in JUST FINE.

Thanks AGAIN !

Kansast