[X4U] Software preferences not taking

Jim Elmore jelmore at elmoredesign.com
Wed Nov 2 10:30:17 PST 2005

For some reason, and I'm clueless, iTunes wasn't writing the files
"com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist" and "com.apple.iTunes.plist" in ~/
Library/Preferences. I discovered this by logging in as a fresh user,
running iTunes, and seeing what changed. It took some manual
permission changing, but I was able to copy those files from that
fresh user over to me and now it works fine.

Jim Elmore
(918) 688-6417