[X4U] OSX and fonts

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 08:24:50 PST 2005

Does MACOSX suffer from having TOO MANY fonts open at one time.
I've got a few 100 maybe a couple thousand fonts.   155MB worth anyway.

You suppose a Dual 1.25 G4 with 768mb ram would suffer from just
opening up all these fonts and leaving them active.
I know I could enable some, disable others and go back and forth with
that.. but I did enough of that back in the 90's  when I was in
printing.
And I don't want to "go back there"  is you know what I mean.

  I suppose I could just try it out.  But this computer already seems
to experience enough occasional slowdowns already. opening up iPhoto
brings this machine to its knees sometimes.  about 3000 photos in my
library.

Kansast