[X4U] Lack of sleep - What about widgets I wanna know

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 5 11:53:59 PST 2005

THE SHORT: Installing the 10.4.3 Combo Update has solved my Widgets problem,
which was that after a length of time, many of the widgets were eating up
tons of actual RAM.

THE LONG: On my original G3 iBook, which I installed Tiger on at day 1,
widgets ate up RAM when left running. This was solved with the 10.4.1 or
10.4.2 update, which I used the Combo Updater to install. When I purchased a
new G4 iBook which came preinstalled with 10.4.2, I migrated my system over.
The widget RAM issue reappeared. I could not install the 10.4.2 Combo Update
because my new iBook's build was higher than the one available via download.
I've been waiting for the 10.4.3 update since then (three months of bloated
widgets).

If anyone else has the problem of running widgets taking up insane amounts
of Real Memory, I recommend updating to 10.4.3 using the Combo Updater.

Eddie Hargreaves