[X4U] LaserWriter printer

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Nov 19 00:49:13 PST 2005

Dorothy Hennings said:

>Is it possible to attach an Apple Personal LaserWriter printer to my
>OS4.0 Tiger G4 iMac?

If you have one of the Personal LaserWriters that include PostScript,
then, yes you can.  All that you need is an Ethernet to LocalTalk adapter
(that is, a bridge) and the appropriate driver.

If you have one of the two Personal LaserWriters that did not have
Postscript, and which used QuickDraw instead, then no, you can't use your
printer with OS X.  There are no software drivers for it, and it is an
orphan.

If you tell me which exact model of Personal LaserWriter you have, I can
be more specific as to what you will need to get it to work, and where to
get it.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html