[X4U] CD stuck in drive

Robert Ashton rashton at telus.net
Sat Nov 19 10:19:58 PST 2005

1) Restart the computer and hold down the mouse button. This should
eject the cd
2) restart holding down the option key. This will put you into a
window showing all bootable drives.  Here you should be able to push
the eject key on your keyboard and this should eject the disk.
3) I believe there are utilities on the web to force eject a disk.
Hope that this helps. Bob
On 19-Nov-05, at 10:03 AM, Tut wrote:

> A CD will not eject no matter what I try.  My iMac, a 20 inch I got
> this june, will not acknowledge it, except after an opt+command+PR
> restart and not even then will it come out if I eject, or hold down
> the mouse on restart.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to mechanically eject it?
> I have no trouble getting at the drive.
> I would not like to leave that CD in the hands of some tech-guy, it
> has all my passwords and banking information – I have backups but
> that is not the point.  It is OK if I damage the CD as long as I do
> not disable the drive.  Apple Care will replace it anyway.
>
> Any help is welcome.
>
> Tut

> stuff:

Robert Ashton