[X4U] Aperture as sleazy Apple hardware marketing ploy

Adam Bass abasscube at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 11:14:43 PST 2005

Just checked, my 1.67 GHz 15" PowerBook with 1 GB of RAM passed the
test. That is kind of screwed up that the MDD G4s fail the test; I
guess Apple just does a simple check in the installer to see what
computer you have, and the only G4s that are accepted are the
PowerBooks. I'm guessing Apple wants to sell new towers, so it's not
supporting older towers, even if they should be able to run it. I bet
someone will come out with a hack that will let it install on older
G4 towers, as long as they have good enough specs, similar to that
hack that lets you install OS X on older hardware that Apple dropped
support for.

Adam